To the Editor:
As you all know, Covid-19 has put quite a wrinkle in everyone’s plans this year. There was no actual “Walk” this year for Alzheimer’s, though they did do a virtual walk. Barriere and area supporters did raise over $6,000 for this back in May.
Now that restrictions are starting to loosen up, we are planning a small, simple event for Sept. 27. It will be outdoors at the Senior’s Hall if the weather permits, if not, we will hold it inside and either way, we will adhere to the social distancing rules.
The event will include our raffle, silent auction, free door prizes, and coffee, tea and sweets.
For the raffle, we have six great prizes. They are as follows:
• First Prize – Dining in the North Thompson Valley, $550 worth of gift certificates from restaurants in Clearwater, Little Fort and Barriere;
• Second Prize – Blower/Vacuum and Snow Shovel, donated by Home Depot in Kamloops. worth $300;
• Third Prize – T-Fal ActiFry, donated by Home Hardware in Clearwater, worth $250 (this fryer only needs one spoon of oil for deep fry results);
• Fourth Prize – Rainer Custom Cutting Gift Certificate, donated by D. & V. Stamer, worth $200;
• Fifth Prize – Wooden Bench from North Thompson Community Forest Society, value $100;
• Sixth Prize – Rona and Shell Gift Cards, Clearwater, worth $80 combined.
Tickets will be for sale soon, so watch for us at AG Foods in Barriere, Jim’s Food Market in Little Fort, and at Buy-Low Foods in Clearwater.
Some of the silent auction items include a gift basket from Interior Savings, Barriere, a wine and decanter set from Pharmasave, Clearwater, and many other items too numerous to mention here.
If the weather cooperates, we will have a few outdoor games to keep people occupied between placing bids. All proceeds will be added to our Barriere and Area 2020 Walk total. As usual, all proceeds stay in B.C.
The event will start at 1:30 p.m., Sept. 27, at the Barriere Senior’s Hall. The raffle draw will be at 3:15 p.m. and everything will wrap up by 3:30 p.m. Come join us for a fun afternoon!
If you’d like more information, contact Liz at 250-672-9337.
Liz Gilbertson and