Every year in late fall, the craft fairs start to pop up all throughout the North Thompson Valley. There are many different craft fairs happening, from Heffley Creek to Vavenby. These fairs and bazaars are the perfect opportunity to purchase Christmas presents for those on your list. Whether you are looking for something special, or just want to browse and let inspiration strike, you’ll be sure to find something for everyone.
Come out and support your community and ‘shop local’.
• Barriere Seniors Bazaar & Luncheon at the Seniors Hall on Nov. 2, from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.. Come out for a bite to eat and a great time browsing the many tables.
• No-Host Bazaar at the North Thompson Fall Fair Hall on Nov. 16, from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. For more info or to book a table call Margaret at 250-672-9330 (evenings). This bazaar is for non-profit community groups and for some it is their biggest fundraiser of the year.
• Barriere Seniors Annual Craft Fair at the Seniors Hall on Nov. 30, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. For info call Hazel at 250-672-5587.
• Candle Light & Holly at the Legion basement, from Dec. 6 – 8, on Friday, hours are from 10 a.m. – 8 p.m., on Saturday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. and on Sunday from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Whether you love paintings, pottery, jewelry, or quilts, this is a great event that offers all these plus many more handcrafted items perfect for that unique Christmas gift. For more info call Jessie at 250-672-9772.
• Blackpool Craft Fair, Nov. 23, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at Blackpool Hall. For info call Sharon at 250-587-6202.
• Craft Fair, on Oct. 19, 10 a.m. – late afternoon at the Chu Chua Community Hall. Tables are $10. Call the Band Office 250-672-9995 to reserve yours.
• Christmas Craft Fair, on Dec. 8, 10 a.m. – late afternoon at the Chu Chua Community Hall. Tables are $10. Call the Band Office 250-672-9995 to reserve yours.
• 17th Annual Winter Wonderland & Craft Fair, at the Wells Gray Inn Conference Centre on Nov. 17, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. For more info call Abby at 250-674-2127.
• Clearwater Elks Christmas Bazaar at the Clearwater Elks Hall on Nov. 29, 30 and Dec 1, on Friday from 5 – 8 p.m., on Saturday from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., and on Sunday from 9 a.m. – noon. Tables are $10. To book or for more info call Phyllis 250-674-3535.
• Make It, Bake It, Create It, 2nd Annual Christmas Market at Heffley Creek Hall, Nov. 30, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. $40 per table. For more info call Sandra at 250-578-8519.
• 38th Annual Little Fort Craft Fair at the Little Fort Hall on Oct. 27, from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. For more info call Darlene at 250-677-4383.
• Vavenby Craft Fair at the Vavenby Community Hall on Nov. 3, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Please call Barb at 250-676-9485 to rent a table.