A barn is shown engulfed in flames on a property in McLure the afternoon of Wednesday, Dec. 29. No people or animals were hurt in the blaze. (Facebook photo)

A barn is shown engulfed in flames on a property in McLure the afternoon of Wednesday, Dec. 29. No people or animals were hurt in the blaze. (Facebook photo)

Barn lost in McLure, animals given temporary housing

An afternoon structure fire on Wednesday, Dec. 29, 2021, completely destroyed a small barn on a property in McLure.

No people or animals were hurt due to the fire, but six goats who used the barn were left without shelter.

However, a Facebook posting by the owner of the goats looking for stabling for them received numerous replies, and in short order the animals had been accommodated.

“Thanks so much to everyone who reached out,” said Brandon Morris, “We have found a few options and cannot stress how absolutely grateful we are to everyone who messaged! We are so blessed to have such an amazing community!”

_______________

news@starjournal.net

Like us on Facebook