Working with local businesses, the Barriere and District Chamber of Commerce has organized a busy festive season of shopping for downtown Barriere.
Throughout the next month and a half, from now until Christmas, there will be all sorts of events and great shopping opportunities right in the community. No need to drive all the way to Kamloops to get that great Christmas present, when you will be able to find quality merchandise and bargains close to home.
The Chamber says that coordinating the businesses in offering a Dec. 13 late night shopping in Barriere, with the many different community group events that will be happening, makes for a busy and fun time for everyone!
As of press time 14 Barriere businesses are signed up to take part in the Passport to Holiday Shopping Program supported by the Chamber. The public is encouraged to get their passport quickly so that your shopping within the community can start to enter you to win the featured grand prize. The more shopping you do, the more times you can enter to win!
For more information on the passport program go to: www.barrieredistrict.com/passport or Facebook at: barrierepassportholidayshopping. You can also speak to a participating local retailer or call the Barriere and District Chamber of Commerce at 250-672-9221.
Here are some of the upcoming events for this year’s holiday season in Barriere:
• November 17 – No Host Bazaar from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Fall Fair Hall
• November 19 – Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser, 3:30 – 7 p.m. at Sam’s Pizza and Rib House, cash only please, as all proceeds go directly to the Barriere Food Bank
• November 22 – Estylo’s Open House, 5 – 8 p.m.
• November 23 to December 1 – Candlelight & Holly, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. daily at the Barriere Legion basement
• November 24 – Senior’s Christmas Craft Fair, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the Barriere Senior’s Hall
• December 1-31 – Knittin & Mitten Christmas Tree at Interior Savings Credit Union
• December 7 – Santa Claus Parade, muster at 5:30 p.m., parade starts at 6 p .m. starting from Barriere Elementary, ending at Fadear Park with the Christmas Tree Light-Up at approximately 6:30 p.m.
• December 8 – Breakfast With Santa, 10 a.m. to noon at the Barriere Lion’s Hall
• December 11 to January 7 – Hospice Tree will be set up at the Barriere Library
• December 11 – North Thompson Funeral Services will have a gathering from 2-8 p.m.
• December 13 – Barriere Late Night Shopping to 8 p.m.
• Christmas Wrapping at North Thompson Funeral Services, by donation, proceeds to go to the Barriere Food Bank and Barriere Hospice Society
• Hot Chocolate & Cookies at Interior Savings Credit Union, 1-4:30 p.m.
• Hot Chocolate in the evening at the Barriere Legion
• Hayrides from Fadear Park to the Legion throughout the evening, by donation
• Carolers throughout the evening
• December 20 – Barriere Elementary Christmas Concert