Open houses, parades, BBQs, concerts, bouncy castles, face painting and family festivities are happening at your local Legion Branch during “Legion Week.” It’s going to be fun, so join us in the celebrations!
The Barriere branch will be hosting a community BBQ on June 26, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Fadear Park. There will be hamburgers, hot dogs, cake, refreshments and fun for the whole family. The branch also invites the community to come to the Barriere Cemetery on June 28 at 6:45 p.m. for the candlelight vigil to honour those who have fallen.
If you are out of town during that week be sure to drop in at one of these branches, say hello, enjoy the entertainment and learn about all the great things the Legion does in your community. You’ll be surprised!
Abbotsford, Armstrong, Ashcroft, Barriere, Bowen Island, Bowser, Burnaby, Castlegar, Chemainus, Clinton, Comox, Courtenay, Cowichan, Cranbrook, Delta, Enderby, Forest Grove, Gibsons, Grand Forks, Hope, Kamloops, Kaslo, Kelowna, Keremeos, Ladysmith, Lake Cowichan, Lillooet, Lumby, Maple Ridge, Mount Arrowsmith, Nakusp, Nanaimo (Mount Benson Branch), Nanaimo/Lantzville, Nelson, Okanagan Falls, Osoyoos, Oyama, Peachland, Pemberton, Pender Harbour, Penticton, Port Alberni, Port Coquitlam, Prince George, Quadra Island, Quesnel, Rossland, Salmo, Salt Spring Island, Shawnigan Lake, Sicamous, Sidney, Slocan, Sooke, Squamish, Summerland, Surrey (Cloverdale Branch), Surrey (Crescent Branch), Surrey (Whalley Branch), Valemount, Vancouver (Billy Bishop Branch), Vancouver (Grandview Branch), Vancouver (Kerrisdale Branch), Victoria (Prince Edward Branch), Victoria (Pro Pat/Trafalgar Branch), Wells, West Vancouver, Westbank, Williams Lake and Windermere
These are exciting times for the Legion with family and community involvement, as membership is open to all citizens.
• Did you know the Legion is the largest developer of veteran and senior affordable and assisted living housing in BC?
• Did you know the Legion sponsors hundreds of youth sports teams and organizations in BC?
• Did you know the Legion raises $21 million through gaming which is re-invested in community programs?
• Did you know the Legion has great contests for youth with cash prizes?
• Did you know the Legion offers a full range of competitive sports tournaments?
• Did you know the Legion sponsors the annual National Youth Track and Field Championships with Athletics Canada? This is where future Olympians are born.
…and the list goes on!
Legion Week is proudly supported by the Provincial Ministry, Community, Sport and Cultural Development.
Visit www.legionbcukon.ca and learn everything you didn’t know about your Legion!