Barriere Chamber of Commerce
Since of Nov. 1, 2013, B.C. businesses have new obligations under the Workers Compensation Act (Bill 14) to take action to prevent bullying and harassment in the workplace. The grace period for implementing a compliant program ended Feb. 1, 2014.
Your Obligations: To comply, all B.C. business owners and workers need to complete anti-bullying and anti-harassment policy and procedures training around reporting and investigation, as well as to be trained to recognize and respond to this issue.
As part of the legislation, all B.C. business owners and workers need to be trained to recognize, respond and report bullying and harassment.
Exclusive savings for Chamber members:
The BC Chamber has partnered with Respect Group Inc. to provide Chamber members access to a compliant online course at a discounted price.
• Online learning program and compliance tool featuring a 90-minute self-guided program
• With testing and certification, this program enables your organization to demonstrate compliance
• Available to BC Chamber members for $32 plus tax (rather than $40)
• To register an employer and/oar employees, please contact Brad Blaisdell at 604-239-5523 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• To access your discount, please quote your Chamber code: W6Z7J5
• Visit http://respectintheworkplace.com/ for more information about the program
As a member of the Barriere & District Chamber of Commerce, your business qualifies for this program through your membership with the BC Chamber of Commerce. Please share this information with the appropriate person or department within your organization.
We hope this information will assist you in complying with these new requirements.