Communities in Bloom
The Communities in Bloom Committee is already hard at work on beautifying the Barriere downtown area. We have kindly been given permission to create murals on the window coverings of the Sunshine Gas station on main street. Naturally we thought of all the great artists in the area and all the talent in the valley and we are putting the call out for submissions to you all. Things to keep in mind with your submission:
• Next year is our 100 anniversary and we will be entering a heritage showcase competition
• The year after that, we may be entering the environmental showcase competition
• We would like the color scheme to be pleasing and interesting
• You are welcome to submit more than one idea
• The measurements are available at the District office; or go down and take a look at the station
• Art is needed for all the spaces with plywood on them on the west and north side of the building. Some are small and some are large.
• Kids are welcome to submit as well
• The materials you use need to be weather proof, sturdy, safe and long lasting
• We’re trying to get paint donated
• You’ll get to put your name on it. Your name will be visible on it, and you will be recognized as the creating artist.
• Photos of it will likely be put on the Districts website and articles in the paper
• Your hours of work will be counted in the Communities in Bloom hours so we thank you in advance for that
• It is volunteer project. You will not receive any formal remuneration.
• You are really helping us and the whole town with our Communities in Bloom competition
• There is no prescribed theme
• A colored sketch and a brief written description with your name and phone number/email address will suffice at this point as your submission.
Submission deadline is March 28, 2013. Please drop it off at the District of Barriere office (the first door on the left at the Ridge building 4936 Barriere Town Road). We can’t wait to see your ideas.