After two wonderful and successful Christmas performances in Clearwater and Barriere, Leah Jones says she is ready to take on some new music and new choir members starting the last week of January.
“I would like to thank all those that helped out at the performances,” said Jones, “It couldn’t have happened without you. We generated some healthy donations to the food bank, and had some money donated as well. So thank you to the community for helping out those in need, and thank you for coming to the performances.”
Jones says the spring concert will again be centered around the theme of PEACE. The music will speak to peace but also will have ‘peaceful’ songs; some will be familiar and some not.
Anyone who wishes to sing in the community choirs is welcome to attend, and no experience is necessary. A willingness to learn, and a happy spirit is all that is required.
Music links for most of the music will be available for participants to sing along with at home.
“I have what I like to call ‘learning choirs’, said Jones, “Participants will learn a lot about singing just from being a member of the choir.”
You can find more information at: leahpepperjones.com.
If you are interested in finding out what the choirs are all about and would like to give it a try, mark these dates on your calendar:
• Barriere Community Choir for Adults: Thursday, Jan. 31, at the New Life Assembly Church on Amnesty and Barriere Town Road at 6:45 p.m.
• Barriere Youth and Children’s Choir: same date and place as above, but at 3:30 p.m. until 5. p.m.
• Clearwater Community Choir for Adults: Tuesday, Jan. 29, at the Church of Christ – Clearwater Christian Church, 11 Lodge (behind Fields), at 6:45 p.m.
• Clearwater Youth and Children’s Choir: same date and place as adults but at 3:30 p.m. until 5. p.m.
• The PEACE concert(s) will likely be the first weekend of May, and there will be extra rehearsals the week before – plan to be there.