The season for craft fairs is fast approaching. Nearly every community has them, and the larger communities have several, each with a different twist. For instance, the Candlelight and Holly event in Barriere, and the Crafters Only Craft Sale in Blackpool, are both geared to artisans and crafters, while the No-Host Bazaar in Barriere is for community groups only, and is a great place to see what groups are active in the community.
Here is a list of those we know about:
• Barriere Seniors Bazaar & Luncheon at the Seniors Hall on Nov. 5, from 11 a.m. -1 p.m. Come out for a bite to eat and a great time browsing the many tables.
• No-Host Bazaar at the North Thompson Fall Fair Hall on Nov. 19, from 10 a.m. -1p.m. For more info or to book a table call 250-672-0033. This bazaar is for non-profit community groups and for some it is their biggest fundraiser of the year.
• Candlelight & Holly at the Legion basement, from Nov. 25 to Dec. 4, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. daily. Whether you love paintings, pottery, jewelry, or quilts, this is a great event that offers all these plus many more handcrafted items. For more info call Jessie at 250-672-9772.
• Barriere Seniors Craft Fair at the Seniors Hall on Nov. 26, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. For info call Hazel at 250-672-5587.
• Home Based Business Show & Sale in Blackpool, on Nov. 13. For more info call Sharon at 250-587-6202.
• Crafters Only Craft Sale in Blackpool, on Nov. 20. For more info call Sharon at 250-587-6202.
• Clearwater Elks Crafts Bazaar at the Clearwater Elks Hall on Nov. 12, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. For more info call Evan at 250-674-3535.
• 16th Annual Winter Wonderland & Craft Fair, at the Wells Gray Inn Conference Centre on Nov. 20, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. For more info call Abby at 250-674-2127,
• Clearwater Elks Christmas Bazaar at the Clearwater Elks Hall on Dec. 17, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. For more info call Evan at 250-674-3535.
LITTLE FORT –
• 35th Annual Craft Fair at the Little Fort Hall on Oct. 30, from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. For more info call Barb at 250-677-4367.
SUN PEAKS –
• Sun Peaks Christmas Market, Dec. 16-17, from 2 – 7 p.m. both days. Vendors will be set up throughout the Village and there will be live music to enjoy as well. For more info call Janice 250-578-5386.
• Vavenby Craft Fair at the Vavenby Community Hall on Nov. 5, from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Please call Barb at 250-676-9485 to rent a table.
Give us a call if you have a date to list.