There is just over 10 weeks until the annual North Thompson Fall Fair and Rodeo takes place in Barriere. Now is the time to be planning your entries for the exhibit hall, readying your livestock projects, and coming up with unique and fun ideas to promote the event within the North Thompson Valley.
Due to the positive response and great entries received in 2012 for the North Thompson Fall Fair & Rodeo’s Round Hay Bale Decorating Contest, the event is a go for this year as well. First prize will be $300 and second $200.
If you have a round bale, a spot you can set it that is visible to a roadway, and are competitive and ready to decorate, then this contest is for you. Here are the rules:
NTFFRA HAY BALE CONTEST
Entry may be made as an individual or group of individuals living in the North Thompson Valley. Use your imagination! Be creative! Have fun and promote the 64th annual North Thompson Fall Fair & Rodeo.
Decorating Theme for 2013 is: “CELEBRATE 4-H” – 100th Anniversary of 4-H in Canada. The bale can also be decorated in any “fair” related theme.
NO FEE TO ENTER
There is no entry fee. Prizes are: First place $300, second place $200.
1. Individual / Group must enter by August 9, 2013 . Late entries will not be accepted. It is your responsibility to make sure that your entry form has been received.
2. All entries must submit a photograph and describe the location of the hay bale. Each entry must clearly include the words “North Thompson Fall Fair & Rodeo” and the dates “Aug. 31, Sept 1 & 2, 2013”. Your photo and bale information can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off at: the Fall Fair downtown office open in August at the IDA Mall, or mailed to: Box 873, Barriere, B.C., V0E 1E0.
3. Bales must be in good taste – no body parts sticking out of the bale or suggestive decorations.
4. No commercial or political party signs are allowed.
5. Bales are expected to be well enough constructed to stay in place until after the fair.
6. Entries will be judged on eye appeal, construction, creativity, use of materials and theme.
7. Entries must be placed so that they are visible to a public roadway.
The judging will take place the week prior to the fair, and the resultant prizes will be awarded at the fair.