The United Way Thompson-Nicola Cariboo last week handed out money to more than 50 organizations in the region.
The cheques are the final step in the annual United Way fundraising campaign that wrapped up last year with $2.25 million collected.
This year, $432,150 will go into programs for children and youth, $218,100 into organizations and programs addressing poverty and $271,400 into promoting strong communities.
North Thompson Valley recipients from the funding are:
• Barriere Recreation Society operational, $2,000
• Clearwater secondary Healthy Kids, Healthy Community, $11,000
• Clearwater Food Bank operational, $1,000
• Clearwater Trails Task Force Committee, Clearwater Trails Network Master Plan, $8,000
• North Thompson Arts Council operational, $2,500
• Yellowhead Community Services Interagency Committee, $5,000