By Keith McNeill
For the last nine years my children and I have grown, played, worked, volunteered, and loved everything about this small town.
I have enjoyed planning and being involved in all kinds of community events, volunteering at the Elementary school as PAC chair for the past two years, hosting Karaoke and Trivia Nights at our local pubs and becoming the imaging voice for 93.1 The Bear, our local radio station. I’m always looking for more opportunities to help enrich our community and being a town council member is something that has been on my mind for years.
I am proud to say I am now and will always be a Barriereite. I can’t imagine a better place to call home.
If elected to District Council I would like to:
• Maintain an open-door policy and a keen interest in listening to the needs/wants of community members.
• Strategize the use of district owned structures and public spaces that are currently not being used to their full potential.
• Create opportunities for community events and gatherings.
• Support our local essential service providers.
• Look for solutions to affordable housing issues.
Like us on Facebook