The Investors Group Walk for Memories is a great way to support families in your community who are impacted by Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, and to support research into finding a cure through fundraising with the Alzheimer Society of B.C.
Not only are you contributing to your own health and well-being — what’s good for the heart is good for the head — you’re also supporting research into a cure for the 15,000 British Columbians who develop dementia every year.
This annual event takes place in Barriere and communities across B.C. on the last Sunday in January, as part of National Alzheimer Awareness Month – January 25, 2015.
How It Works
1. Register now, at no cost:
• As a team — make it a fun day for friends and family by registering a team.
• As an individual — come out to meet other people who understand the journey and want to make a difference!
• For a Virtual Walk — if you can’t get out to a Walk, choose your own route.
1. Raise funds by asking friends, family and co-workers for support.
2. Have fun at the Walk and celebrate your success!
You’ve registered and you’ll be participating in your community’s Investors Group Walk for Memories on January 25, 2015 — wonderful! You’ll be joining people in 24 communities across the province to show your support for over 70,000 people who face Alzheimer’s disease or another dementia in B.C.
The countdown to this fun event is on, now it’s time to get fundraising!