The Community Resource Centre in Clearwater is offering a Workers’ Compensation Board Occupational First Aid Level 3 course (WCB OFA Level 3). This course is the most advanced course that WCB offers.
An attendant possessing a Level 3 certificate can work on any provincial workplace as a designated attendant.
The course will run Monday through Friday, June 4 to 15, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The cost is $750.
The OFA Level 3 training is a 10-day, 80-hour course. This course covers the skills in the Level 1, Level 2 and Transportation Endorsement courses and adds more time to develop confidence and competence in the essential skill areas.
Participants will be able to:
• Triage patients according to the rapid transport category model
• Perform 2 operator CPR
• Stabilize protruding eye injuries
• Provide treatments for penetrating chest injuries
• Immobilize lower limb fractures and dislocations
• Manage limb-threatening injuries
• Rule out spinal injuries by conducting range of motion tests
• Perform multi-person lifts for transport
No prerequisites. Minimum age 16 years
The Community Resource Centre also offers a 20-hour Wilderness and Remote First Aid Training Course.
If there is sufficient interest, a date could also be set for the 20-hour Wilderness course. Individuals or groups interested in taking the 20-hour course, please contact the CRC.
For more information or to register for the OFA Level 3 course, please contact the Community Resource Centre in Clearwater at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-674-3530.