Clearwater and area residents are advised Dr. Helmcken Memorial Hospital Emergency Department is currently on diversion for five nights, from 6 p.m. to 7 a.m. from Wednesday, Aug. 3, including Aug. 4, 5, 6 and 7, due to limited staffing availability.
The emergency department will be open during those days from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. and will return to 24-hour service at 7 a.m. on Monday, Aug. 8.
Interior Health regrets this temporary change to normal operations and reminds residents to take note of the following if they require care while the emergency department is closed:
· In the event of an emergency, call 9-1-1.
· Call HealthLink BC at 8-1-1 (24-hour service) if you are unsure of your need to seek emergency care.
· Visit the emergency department at:
– Royal Inland Hospital – 311 Columbia Street, Kamloops
– 100 Mile House District General Hospital – 555 Cedar Avenue South, 100 Mile House
The emergency department in Clearwater is normally open 24/7.