Don’t forget to attend the All Candidates’ Forum on Friday, May 3, at the North Thompson Fall Fair Hall, 7 p.m.
B.C. NDP candidate Kathy Kendall, and BC Liberal candidate Terry Lake are confirmed and it is hoped that B.C. Conservative candidate Ed Klop and X Party B.C. candidate John Ford will soon be confirming their attendance as well.
Each candidate will be allotted three minutes to make his or her introductory remarks. The floor will then be thrown open to questions from the audience.
The chairperson Harley Wright will rule “out of order” any person in the audience who attempts to use the meeting as a platform for expressing a personal point-of-view on any issue.
Questions from the floor will be limited to one per individual to ensure overall participation. Additional questions from any one individual may be allowed depending on time. Answers to questions should be limited to a maximum of two minutes by each candidate to ensure as wide a discussion as possible.
And finally, three minutes will be allowed for closing statements by each candidate.
The evening, sponsored by the North Thompson Star/Journal, will end with an informal meet and greet.
The Provincial Election General Voting Day is May 14, and polling stations will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Advance voting is scheduled to be held from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on May 8 – 11.
Polling stations for Barriere and immediate area are as follows:
• Barriere Lions Hall, 350 Borthwick Ave., Barriere
• Royal Canadian Legion #259, 3 257 Glen Rd.,Clearwater
• Barriere Lions Hall, 350 Borthwick Ave.,Barriere
• Blackpool Hall, Old N Thompson Hwy, Clearwater
• Darfield Com. Hall, Hwy 5,Darfield
• Dee’s General Store, 1537 Birch Island-Lost Creek Road, Clearwater
• Gartner Residence, 4087 Dixon Creek Road, Barriere
• Little Fort Hall, Institute St., Little Fort
• McLure Com. Centre, McLure Ferry Road, McLure
• NT Indian Band Hall, 500 Dunn Lake Road, Barriere
• Royal Canadian Legion #259, 3 257 Glen Road, Clearwater
• Van Sickle Residence, 676 Agate Bay Road, Barriere
• Whispering Pines Indian Band Office, 615 Whispering Pines Drive, McLure