Firemen save homes from garage fire

A blazing garage fire at the Kreutz property on Dunsmuir Road could easily have spread to the residence

A blazing garage fire at the Kreutz property on Dunsmuir Road

A blazing garage fire at the Kreutz property on Dunsmuir Road

A blazing garage fire at the Kreutz property on Dunsmuir Road could easily have spread to the residence, and a neighbouring home as well, except for the quick action of the Barriere Fire Department on Saturday, Nov. 19.  No one was hurt in the fire, and all pets were reported to be “present and accounted for”. Heat from the fire was so intense that it melted the siding on the neighbour’s home.

“The Fire Department did an excellent job of looking after the mess up here,” said a Dunsmuir Road resident.

Barriere RCMP were also in attendance.