Looking to sharpen your food marketing edge? The Community Resource Centre (CRC) in Clearwater is offering Food Marketing 101, a four-part workshop series to help food producers and processors refine their marketing approach. You can sign up for all of the workshops, or just one, or those that appeal to you. _Please note that the series starts this Thursday, March 15. All workshops are from 9 a.m. to noon.
– Workshop #1_Thursday, March 15 – Focus on the fundamentals, including:
• The role and goals of food marketing;
• Consumer trends in B.C.;
• How pricing works for commodities and differentiated products;
• How to promote and sell your product;
• Visioning and goal setting.
– Workshop #2, Wednesday, April 18 – Explore the importance of consumer research in identifying the best way to promote and sell your product.
– Workshop #3, Wednesday, May 16 – Focus on product development and improvement, as well as analyzing pricing, promotion and placement to optimize the impact of your product in the marketplace.
– Workshop #4 _Friday, June 15 (date to be confirmed) – Assess market readiness for you and your product. Participants will learn effective strategies to move into the marketplace and expand their business.
To register, call the Community Resource Centre (CRC) in Clearwater at 250-674-3530.
The workshops cost $25 each (plus HST) for a total of $28. The North Thompson Food Action Network is sponsoring half of the cost.
Cheques can be made out to “Food Innovation Centre of BC”. You can drop off your cheque at the CRC or bring it on the day of the workshop(s) you are attending.
The workshops are being presented by the Food Innovation Centre of BC and will be delivered to the CRC via videoconference.