Building on the success on their International best seller ‘Low GI Meals in Minutes Cookbook’, Laura Kalina, Registered Dietitian and Cheryl Christian, Certified Personal Trainer, say they are excited to be guest speakers at the Celebration of Rural Living Expo and Trade Show at the North Thompson Agriplex in Barriere on Saturday, Apr. 27, at 12:45 p.m.
The pair are prepared to share with Trade Show and Expo attendees how to make the “healthy choice, the easy choice!”
With ever increasing rates of childhood and adult obesity, diabetes and other preventable illnesses, there has never been a better time for a healthy approach to weight loss that is based on science. Low Glycemic eating is proven to stabilize blood sugars, end food cravings and emotional eating.
Kalina and Christian have taken the science and transformed it into a plan that provides easy to follow recipes, quick prep ideas and even teaches people how to shop for the right ingredients.
The pair have shared the Low GI message with people across Canada and the United States including:
• Canadian Diabetes Association
• BC Ministry of Education
• British Columbia Nutrition Council
• British Columbia Hydro
• BC Food Systems Network
• Society for Nutrition Education (USA)
They’ve also been featured on television and radio programs across Canada.
“Learn about a 30 day complete Low Glycemic eating and lifestyle plan that will get you off the diet ‘merry go round’ forever,” says Christian. “This dynamic weight management and lifestyle seminar has helped thousands achieve optimal health. The positive feedback from those who are following the approach has been inspiring,”
Presentation attendees will learn about:
• Weight management and weight loss using the Glycemic Index
• Eating for diabetes prevention and management
• “Quick prep” healthy meal ideas for the entire family
• How to boost your energy and immune system
• The benefits of cellular nutrition for disease prevention
• The importance of active living
• Healthy family lifestyle challenge tools and resources
Find out more at: www.lowgimeals.com and www.lowgichallenge.com