Senior’s Louis Creek home damaged from chimney fire

second time in 10 years that Ivy Schweitzer has lost her home at this address

The Barriere Volunteer Fire Department was called out to a house fire on Hart Road in Louis Creek on Tuesday, Apr. 16.

The home, received considerable damage, especially to the roof, but fortunately the resident senior was unharmed.

A faulty chimney may be the cause of the fire, but reportedly the structure is insured.

This is the second time in 10 years that Ivy Schweitzer has lost her home at this address.  Her previous house was completely destroyed during the 2003 McLure Wildfire.

Barriere Fire Chief Al Kirkwood noted, “When I spoke to the insurance adjuster he said the firefighters did a marvelous job.”