Barriere family recovered from carbon monoxide poisoning thanks First Responders

To the editor;

This is an open letter of gratitude.

On the morning of December 6th our family came dangerously close to tragedy.

If there is a silver lining to be found in any of this it is that our hearts are filled with gratitude and appreciation for each and every person who responded to our emergency, you are the definition of heroes!

To the 911 dispatcher who took our frantic call, the first responders, the Barriere Fire Chief Ashley Wohlgemuth, the BC Ambulance pilots, the medical staff at Vancouver General Hospital and BC Children’s Hospital we cannot put into words how grateful we are for your professionalism and life-saving measures.

To our families, friends and the community of Barriere – thank you for your love and support.

Hug your loved ones tight tonight!

Happy Holidays from…

The Wittner Family

Barriere, B.C.