• The 7th Annual Sun Peaks Family Cup – All Nations Celebration (Jan. 2 to 16, 2013) This winter Sun Peaks will welcome Australian Olympians Ben Sim (Nordic) and Ramone Cooper (Moguls) as part of a new partnership with Interschools New South Wales. The festival includes the signature Sun Peaks Family Cup race bringing together families from all over the globe, as well as the Annual ‘Kookaburra Cup’ Cross-Country Skiing Competition and other fun family events.
• The 15th Annual Sun Peaks Winter Festival of Wine (Jan. 12 to 20) Two of British Columbia’s finest assets—winter recreation and wine—make for an inspired pairing at this annual celebration. Over 20 B.C. wineries will come together to offer over 20 events ranging from small and intimate to the grand scale flagship West Jet Progressive Tasting. Be prepared to come away with more than one new favourite indulgence.
• The 2nd Annual Bluebird Banked Slalom (Feb. 17) Hundreds of man hours have gone into clearing a brand new course for this one of a kind banked slalom race. The natural gully along 5 Mile run will become the new testing ground for boarders and skiers in this locals’ favourite event. Prizing and after party to follow!
• FIS World Cup of Speed Skiing (Feb. 28 to Mar. 3) The fastest non-motorized sport in the world is back at Sun Peaks Resort and is better than ever! As the only FIS sanctioned speed skiing event in North America, this race is a spectacular show for racers and spectators alike. Come see racers hit speeds of over 200km/h down the infamous Headwalls ski run.
• Rip Curl Duff Invitational Slopestyle (Feb. 17) Canadian snowboarding legend Chris Dufficy will return to his stomping grounds to throw down in the Rockstar Energy Terrain Park and he is inviting everyone to join him! Come witness the best skiers and snowboarders in the region and beyond compete to claim the title in this inaugural slopestyle event.
CADS Festival and Para National Championships (Mar. 24 to 29) Future paralympians from all across Canada will gather at Sun Peaks Resort for the CADS Festival once again this year. The CADS Ski Improvement and Race Development Program will focus on young, up and coming racers while in The Canadian National Para-Alpine Championships top para-alpine racers from across Canada and other nations compete for honors before the 2014 Winter Olympic and Paralympic Games in Sochi, Russia.